Commercial building projects are highly complex and demanding – and it’s important that they not only stay on schedule, but that they stay on budget too. While unforeseen circumstances can push both of these goals out, there are ways recommended by Commercial architecture in NJ to help prevent delays and rising costs.
Know the Weak Points in Commercial Building Design and Construction Projects
When a commercial building project is facing delays and rising costs, there are several areas where weak points in the project are often found. By knowing these weak points and having a strategy that prevents them from collapsing, your project should move forward much more smoothly. These weak points include:
- Lack of vital design information – Incomplete architectural plans that lack certain details and specifications will cause confusion, delays, miscommunication and even more work due to tear-outs.
- Choosing cheap contractors – Contractors are often chosen based on the lowest bid, which can be a recipe for delays, cost-overruns and poor work quality. Instead, contractors should be chosen based on their insurance, track record on similar projects and their bid itself.
- Incomplete documentation – It’s important to look through each contractor’s bid to see exactly what it is that they will or will not cover. Contractors may require additional payment on work not covered in their bid that can push these costs much higher. All documents should be read through in full by all involved parties to ensure the full scope of the bid and the project is understood.
- Poor project management – An experienced project manager who understands commercial construction administration is essential to scheduling and managing contractors efficiently and cost-effectively. Poor project management will lead to delays, scheduling conflicts and increased costs to correct miscommunication and administrative errors.
- Poor negotiation skills – Experienced commercial construction administration specialists are able to leverage their industry relationships to negotiate effectively with suppliers and contractors, cutting unnecessary expenses.
Commercial Architecture and Construction Administration from NJ Specialists
At the award-winning Seth A. Leeb Architect firm, we specialize in balancing commercial office requirements with the creative design touches that make these buildings truly exceptional. With considerable experience in commercial projects and medical suite projects, we are able to deliver the expertise and skills to deliver outstanding results. Whether you need an interior renovation (tenant fit-out), exterior makeover or a new building, we can assist you. For more information on our medical office architect service offerings, please contact us today or visit our website at https://leeb-architecture.com/